1) Show your Guests Where the Restroom Is Located! The first thing your guests probably need and don’t want to ask for is the restroom facility. After a long trip, that’s a must!
2) Offer Your Guests a Beverage! After a car ride in the winter, people tend to get a little dry and need a beverage.
3) Plate of Appetizers! Have a little presentation of finger foods displayed before your guests arrive. It’s likely they will not tell you that they are hungry when they first arrive, but no one can refuse a pretty display of festive food!
4) Soft Music Playing in the Background! Soft holiday tunes provide an ambience like no other. Especially a little holiday tune! After dinner have a CD available that has TV tunes on it and play a little game guessing what show that tune came from.
5) Have your Carpet & Upholstery Cleaned! When your guests arrive they will not only be welcomed by the beautiful appearance of your home, but you will know that you are providing a healthy environment for your loved ones.
6) Fluff the Sheets! Make sure and provide a welcoming touch to your guest bedroom. Freshly cleaned linens just add a personal touch to your welcome!
7) Provide a Basket of Small Toiletries! In that guest bedroom, provide travel size toiletries in a small basket for those incidentals your guests might have forgotten. Toiletries in of themselves is not an appealing display, but in a cute basket with a bow, that shows just a little touch of concern.
8) Fire in the Fireplace! If you have available, have a fire going in the fireplace as much of the time as possible. This softens the mood of everyone and provides a relaxing atmosphere. If no fireplace in the home, think about doing a little fire pit outside the window, have the makings for smores, and let the little (or big) kids go outside to make dessert!
We at Chem-Dry of Michiana wish you and yours a very healthy and happy holiday season!