Healthy Recipe #3. MEDITERRANEAN TACOS – Feeds 2. Hungry for tacos without a ton of preservatives. And the avocado sauce is easy to make and tastes delicious.
Season 1 ½ chicken breasts with dry rub of Montreal Chicken Seasoning (McCormick). Bake in oven until done.
Sauté in cast iron skillet over low heat in 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup leeks
- ¼ cup diced turnips
- 1/8 cup Daikon Radish
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp Kalamata Olives chopped
- 4 Castelvetrano olives pitted and chopped
- 6 baby carrots sliced
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup lightly chopped, marinated artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup portabella mushrooms
- 2 celery stocks, chopped
Season with seasoning salt and sauté until carrots are al dente. Combine with small cubes of cooked chicken and sauté for 3 minutes.
Serve in taco shells. Layer with lettuce, diced mushrooms, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese. Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, blue cheese and pepper.
Top with Creamy Avocado Sauce
- 1 Avocado
- ½ lime
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped FRESH dill
- ¼ cup greek yogurt (plain)
- 2 tbsp feta cheese
- Combine all ingredients in food processor. Mix until well blended.